A week has gone by since I came to Paris but it definitely feels more like a month. Classes started last Tuesday and it's more academic than anything I've been used to in the past year. Completely opposite from academics in Ghana, here I have homework every night so while some are going out during the week, I am staying in for the most part. And despite staying in and getting work done, I was going to bed at 1:30-2am for about 3 nights in a row and waking up at 7am. Needless to say, exhaustion and unhealthy living caught up with me in the form of a cold that's more annoying than serious. BUT that did not stop me from going out last night :) I was desperate for Friday to come because it meant the chance to enjoy Paris without locking myself up in my room or a library for several hours. So after class, a group of us went to an amazing lunch in
Montmartre, walked around a little, took some pictures and all that jazz. Then we went on a walking tour with NYU to a museum called La Maison Rouge, which has contemporary (and slightly disturbing) art. Afterwards, we went back to our hostel, where we rested a little then decided to go clubbing in Paris with a DEFINITE plan (not like the vague plans we had last Saturday). Thursday afternoon I had met an NYU grad student, Jennifer, who was really nice and had lived in Paris for a year. I asked her places to go and she gave me her number and I told her we'd meet up Friday night. So last night, we went to the Champs-
Elysees area, which is similar to Times Square in the amount of lights, places to eat, clubs, lounges, people, etc. And we ended up going to this place called Club Six Seven which was free for girls from 11-12:30. Parfait :) And even though we had one boy with us, we all got in for free and danced our asses off until 4am. Much needed in my opinion.
Today, we finally left our temporary residence and moved to our permanent resident for the next 5 weeks. Our
group of 80 was split into 2 groups of 40 and put in two different houses. My house, la
maison des lycennes, is a lovely and charming place with a courtyard and garden. It's located in the 6
th district, the Latin Quarter, near many amazing restaurants, shops, etc. And the best part is that we all get our OWN ROOM. Just for the record, I have NEVER had my own room since I got to college. On average, I have lived with about 3 people. So it's an interesting feeling to be living by myself because I thoroughly enjoy the freedom to do what I want in my own room but I've also come to love having someone else in a room with me. My one week with my roommate was full of late night conversations and I k ind of miss that. But I also am glad to sleep how I want, when I want and not disturb anyone else :)


More to come later...
1 comment:
When we're both fabulously wealthy, promise me you'll travel the world with me? Hehe
Gab
Post a Comment