3.13.2011

Another Year Older

It's time for my annual birthday post. On Friday, I turned 26, the same day that a massive earthquake and tsunami struck Japan. It's another example of Mother Nature showing just how destructive she can be. It's also another reminder that life is a very precious thing.

In the last year so many things, both good and bad, have happened. There are times when I desperately want to push the rewind button to a time when some things weren't so complicated, but then there are other times when I truly believe I am where I'm supposed to be. It's a strange feeling to go back and forth between the two, but I tend to feel the latter more than the former so I suppose that's a good thing.

In light of Friday's events, as well as several more personal reminders to be grateful for what I have, I feel blessed to have family and friends. It always sounds cliche to me when I say things like that but it's very true. As I grow older, I realize more and more the importance of family and by that I mean my biological family as well as my family of friends. Just as 25 brought a lot of changes, 26 promises to bring more. In the last year, I've moved to a new country for grad school and had my eyes open to a lot of things. As for the next year, who knows. I could still be in London or I could be somewhere else. It's hard for me to predict, but that's how I wanted it, so I can only continue to be grateful and appreciative as I keep on going.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

...and I'm on a roll! a blog roll, that is! I just went back and read all of your posts since the last time I commented over the summer and it has made me realize how badly we need to catch up. AIM date soon?