1.04.2010

A New Year's Resolve

So it's 2010. A new year. A new decade. All that jazz. I'm not normally a huge New Year's Resolution person. If I want to lose weight or eat healthier, I'm not waiting until January 1st, I'm going to do it anytime.

That being said, I am resolving to do something in 2010. I guess you could call it my New Year's Resolution but those tend to dissipate by March of the same year.

I am resolving to do something that terrifies me.

Why? Because I've found the things that scare me most often turn out to be the most worthwhile. 2009 was, for the most part, a safe year for me. I didn't really put myself out there or do anything that fills me with both anxiety and excitement. Of course, 2009 had its moments, but I really want 2010 to be the year where I shake things up and see what happens. If I fall, I'll just dust myself off and keep going. So 2010, I want you to scare me, I want you to have me wondering what's next, and I want you to make me uncomfortable and excited for what's to come.

No comments: