9.03.2009

Goodbye Summer, It's Been a Good One

So Labor Day is almost here and you know what that means...goodbye summer. The weather has already gotten the notice because it's a little too cold at night, especially for early September. But anyway...

Earlier in the summer, I created a list of things I wanted to get done. And I admit, I didn't get through the list. But, my summer is not completely over! Tomorrow I plan to venture to the Top of the Rock (since I do work in the building...) and then tomorrow night I start my vacation in Montreal! I'll be gone until next week so technically my summer sends on September 10th. Holler.

So here is the list below and I marked the ones I completed and then added a few that I did this summer. Enjoy!

- Visit The Cloisters *DONE*
- Go to the Water Taxi Beaches at the South Street Seaport and Governor's Island (already been to the Long Island City one)
- Climb to the newly-opened crown of the Statue of Liberty
- Go kayaking in the Hudson River
- Go surfing at either Long Beach or Jersey Shore (I tried...it's too damn expensive to get lessons here!)
- Visit City Island and eat lots and lots and lots of seafood (can you tell I love seafood?) *DONE*
- Take the ferry to Staten Island
- Go boating in Central Park
- Go to a sporting event (no hockey please!)
- Visit vinyards in Long Island and go wine tasting (this will now be a Fall event)
- Go to Coney Island *DONE*
- Visit the Brooklyn Flea Market *DONE* Bought a cute purse too!
- Go to Top of the Rock (considering I work in the same building)
- Go to the Central Park Zoo
- Visit the Brooklyn Musum and revisit the Brooklyn Botanical Garden *DONE*
- Go to Warm Up at PS.1v(I went to First Saturdays at the Brooklyn Museum...does that count?)
New additions:
- Be a bridesmaid in a wedding *DONE*
- Go to Atlantic City *DONE*
- Go to D.C. *DONE*
- Revisit the American Museum of Natural History *DONE*
- Go to Montreal *Soon to be DONE*

This summer has also been pretty great as far as my career. I've expanded my responsibilities and am now doing on-air work for New York Nonstop, which has been a lot of fun. I'll post a link to the online version once I get it. Thanks Summer, you've been lovely :)













No comments: