6.05.2009

Summer Summer Summertiiime

That song never gets old. Never.

With the New York weather being really beautiful on the weekends (and really miserable during the weekdays) and my Summer Friday schedule being pretty damn nice (every other Friday off...holla!), I decided to work on my list of things I've either never done or not done enough of in New York. In no particular order, I would like to:
  • Visit The Cloisters
  • Go to the Water Taxi Beaches at the South Street Seaport and Governor's Island (already been to the Long Island City one)
  • Climb to the newly-opened crown of the Statue of Liberty
  • Go kayaking in the Hudson River
  • Go surfing at either Long Beach or Jersey Shore
  • Visit City Island and eat lots and lots and lots of seafood (can you tell I love seafood?)
  • Take the ferry to Staten Island
  • Go boating in Central Park (see above photo)
  • Go to a sporting event (no hockey please!)
  • Visit vinyards in Long Island and go wine tasting
  • Go to Coney Island
  • Visit the Brooklyn Flea Market
  • Go to Top of the Rock (considering I work in the same building)
  • Go to the Central Park Zoo
  • Visit the Brooklyn Musum and revisit the Brooklyn Botanical Garden
  • Go to Warm Up at PS.1

I'm sure there will be more things added to the list but this is what I have so far. As I go through, I'll mark off what I complete. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Jackie Rose said...

Wow, love your list! Looking outside today I was just thinking of all the things in NYC that I have always wanted to do, but never did. I love seafood too and want to check out the Brooklyn Flea Market...Let me know if you want a buddy for any of these little adventures!

Oh, and I've never been to Coney Island so I NEED to do that this summer!

Tha King said...

Excellent list! My Grilfriend was just complaining that we don't do enough of these types of things. Being a native New Yorker I guess I take the city's beauty for granted. I was just at the soutt street seaport last weekend. Make sure you go in the evening so you can see the brooklyn and manhattan bridges lit up. This weekend we're making the trek up the statue of liberty. My suggestion, wear comfortable clothing and get ready to work those legs! I have a list of all the free park concerts this summer. They have some goodies Hit me on the almighty FB if your interested

P.L. said...

City Island this weekend!