5.11.2009

Happy (Belated) Mother's Day

Happy (Belated) Mother's Day to all the mothers, grandmothers, Godmothers and anyone who's ever taken over the mother role in life. Mother's Day has much more meaning to me this year than in the past. The fact that one of my grandmothers is no longer with us is so real to me, more so than in the past two weeks. Sometimes we think there's no rhyme or reason to why things happen the way they do but I believe everything happens for a reason, and even right now, I know there is a reason. I am thankful to have had her in my life for 24 years and I feel blessed to still have my other grandmother, as well as my mother and Godmother, in my life. Happy Mother's Day.




My mom and my grandmother in Jamaica.



My grandmother, may she rest in peace, and me in Jamaica.

No comments: