I decided to steal the questions from New York Magazine's 21 Questions series. And I've still got Adele and friends on repeat so maybe this is an improvement? Multi-tasking? Okay, nevermind. Enjoy...
Name: Tausha
Age: 23
Neighborhood: Astoria, Queens
Occupation: Corporate Communications Specialist at NBCU
Who's your favorite New Yorker, living or dead, real or fictional?
Claire Huxtable. She had it goin' on. Still does.
What's the best meal you've eaten in New York?
A free one? Haha, j/k... This is tough b/c I love most of what I eat here...I'd have to say a tie between when my mom comes to New York and cooks Jamaican food (does that count?), the grilled cheese sandwich at Casellula Cheese & Wine Cafe and the breadsticks and salad at Olive Garden! I'm serious, I love those breadsticks.
In one sentence, what do you actually do all day in your job?
Specialize in internal and executive communications while watching The View, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Family Feud and Oprah.
Would you still live here on a $35,000 salary?
Yah, but fortunately I don't need to. I gots bills to pay.
What's the last thing you saw on Broadway?
Shrek the Musical. Very funny and cute!
Do you give money to panhandlers?
I actually gave money today to 4 men on the train who were singing Christmas carols in pefect harmony. They made me so happy I had to give them a little somethin' somethin' because they put me in the Christmas spirit.
What's your drink?
French Martini followed closely by my wine of choice (currently Chardonnay)
How often do you prepare your own meals?
Usually 2, maybe 3 times a week. But I always make a lot so that I have leftovers.
What's your favorite medication?
Zyrtec! That ish was my best friend when I suffered from dust mite-related hives at 16.
What's hanging above your sofa?
Above it? Nothing. Near it. Paintings I took from my cousin that fit perfectly with my bangin' apartment.
How much is too much to spend on a haircut?
Hm...I don't think I can answer that. African American hair is another ballgame. Pass!
When's bedtime?
Between 11:30 and 12:30 during the week, varies on the weekend
Which do you prefer, the old Times Square or the new Times Square?
Well I think the random stadium seating in the new Times Square is...random...
What do you think of Donald Trump?
I respect his business savvy despite his childish fights with Rosie and others.
What do you hate most about living in New York?
THE COLD! I repeat: the cold. Followed closely by crazy people. Sometimes it's like damn, can I go somewhere without running into a crazy?
Who is your mortal enemy?
Mortal Kombat?
When's the last time you drove a car?
When I went home to Florida for Thanksgiving. I have a love/hate relationship with driving. If I could drive all the time on an empty highway with the windows down and the music blasting, I'd probably drive forever...or at least until I ran out of gas...
How has the Wall Street crash affected you?
My mutual funds went splat!
Times, Post, or Daily News?
I read AM New York and Metro on the train and NYmag and Drudge online
Where do you go to be alone?
Favorite place is the promenade by the Hudson River but since that's so far from my hood, I will occasionally walk to Astoria Park or go to my new favorite neighborhood coffee shop Soleil Coffee House!
The ability to live and work here and feel like it just fits. There's no rhyme or reason to why it works but it does.
No comments:
Post a Comment