11.12.2007

Updizates

Once upon a time I used to write in this blog. Maybe I'm back? Maybe I'm pulling a Jay-Z and didn't really retire at all but simply bided my time before bringing it back like the "American Gangster" I am. Too much? Okay, I'm going to stop with the Jay-Z references.

So I believe the last time I wrote in this I was at a different place in my life- hibernating, rambling, jobless, hopeful, considering moving to Ghana to begin my career as a romance novelist...since then some things have changed. But let's be real, I still want to write those horrible romance novels on the beach in Kokrobite. It can be the love story of Kofi and Esi.

But on a more serious note, life has taken a few turns in the past few months. I'm no longer jobless and hibernating, although I remain hopeful and a rambler. Rambling is just what I do so that's never going to change, and as for the hopeful part, I am hopeful in that I sincerely hope that the way things are in my life right now are what's best for me in the end. Not that I have any complaints with where I am in life AT ALL. I have a job with a great company and while I am not sure how long I'll be here or where I'll end up, I can honestly say I never wake up and dread going to work. Not once. My job also allows me to continue being social because at the end of the day, your work is your work, not your life. I think it's important to love what you do but do not make it who you are and everything you do. I am glad I get to see my family and friends often and have a good work/life balance. But I hope that other thing, the one that has nothing to do with work or friends, the one that even still, has so much power, even in its absence, is the way it is right now for a reason. Everything happens for a reason. And I am hopeful that I will soon be able to accept that reason, whatever it may be, because I know that what's to come will only be better.

Damn, I love a good cryptic paragraph like the one I just wrote.

So basically what it comes down to is that I just rambled ONCE AGAIN but somewhere in there I think I explained the root of what's going through my head right now. In a weird, cryptic kind of way.

In other non-related news, pray that I do well on this GMAT test. The end.

No comments: