6.09.2006

Leaving Again

In exactly 2 weeks, I will be in another country. Again.

And the same feelings from 6 months ago are back. The nervousness, excitement, anticipation, fear...although they are not as intense as last time since my next journey will only be 6 weeks as opposed to 5 months and I am going to a European country that I am pretty familiar with.

Nevertheless, I can't help wondering what will happen in Paris. I can't stop the nerves from coming more and more and the mind from rapidly spinning future scenarios. However, it is pointless because no matter how many times I try and imagine what my next experience will be, it's never as I thought it would.

Part of my is sad that I cannot predict at least part of the future but then again, it's one of the reasons I love new experiences. Why do something if I already know how it's going to turn out? How boring. I've come to realize that getting out of my comfort zone usually has pretty good results. So it's worth that risk. I still miss Ghana so much and wish I could go back there but I think I'm ready for Paris.

So we'll see what happens next.

No comments: