I took a little hiatus but I'm back. Yes, I know you're excited. No need to tell me.
Anyway, even though I took a short break from my blog, I haven't stopped reading blogs. I love getting a glimpse into other people's lives.
One that I came across not too long ago really struck a cord with me and today I read something that also resonated with me:
For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.
It's from the film The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (still haven't seen it, takes me awhile to see movies 2 1/2 hours or longer) but I read it on a blog that is doing a good job of realizing it's never too late.
It's hard, in the world we live in, to take risks but it's also important to realize it's not too late to start over. People fear starting over because the future isn't guaranteed when you start over. If we could map everything out, it would be so easy. Then again, things aren't always meant to be easy.
So that's my philosophical rambling of the day. And since I'm on a movie quote roll, I'm going to end with one of my favorite quotes from Shawshank Redemption:
I have to remind myself that some birds weren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knew it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice.
12.01.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment