5.24.2008

Hiatus over. I'm back. Get excited.

Some things have changed in the past 2 1/2 months that I've been away from this blog, the biggest change probably being my new apartment. Yes...it's true. Finally, after a year of temporarily crashing at my sister's apartment, I've gotten a place with my friend Angela in Astoria, Queens. I was close to becoming a Manhattanite once again but truthfully, this apartment in Astoria was the better deal and is only 15 minutes outside of midtown so I figured why not? Once I actually get furniture, I might start having people over. MAYBE. If you're lucky.

What else is new that I can publish in this blog? The apartment has consumed so much of the past 2 months of my life that it's hard to think about what else is going on. Probably the second most...interesting...aspect of my life at the moment is work, since it's what I do almost every day. And lately, seeds have been planted in the little career portion of my mind and it's beginning to sprout as we speak. Or as we blog, whichever you prefer. I think I am going to eventually go in a direction that I had previously not thought of at all but realize I actually like, and based on what others say, am good at. Just have to figure out the next step but once I do...oh, you better buckle up...

Other than that, I am good. Great. Fantastic. I look back at the beginning of 2008 and the blog entry I wrote then, the crap (yes, crap...as in shit...as in close the door because it's funky (too far?)) going on in my life then and I think about where I am now, almost 6 months later, and I feel good. I've always been a huge believer in everything happening for a reason, even if you don't know what that reason is, and some things are beginning to become apparent to me now why exactly they happened in the first place. Life is so sneaky like that. Teaching you lessons when you least expect it. Sneaky life. Sneaky lessons.

So now I have a few things to look forward to. Decorating my apartment! Yes, this actually excites me. Don't laugh. Also, I am off to Costa Rica avec mes amis en Juillet (July) so it's time to get on that Costa Rica plan...whatever that means. And as far as everything else. We shall see. It's summer, the weather is (hopefully remaining) good, and I have a room with a door. Good times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! I'm so excited that you have your own place and Lauren and I can make weekend trips and we can crash at your apartment and it will be like old times at Lauren's house with giant chocolate chip cookies and random movies. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

On second thought it will be like old times at Lauren's house except it will be your house...unless of course we do hang out at Lauren's house/apartment which is also a viable option.