3.18.2006

I'm On My Way!

Right now, I am writing this from a random computer in a random hotel in not-so-random Burkina Faso. I have traveled 24 hrs nonstop by bus/taxi and I am thoroughly and overwhelmingly exhausted. Luckily, my friend's mom said she would pay for the hotels we stay in- nice deal, yes?- so the 3 of us got a room at a pretty nice hotel in Ouagadougou, the capital of Burkina Faso and we are going to nap/swim for a while before continuing on our journey tomorrow morning to Dogon Country in Mali and then TIMBUKTU! Wish us luck...I will report more on the details of this journey when it is over and I can type faster on a computer that has the letters in a recognizable order. But it has been great so far and I am definitely putting the French skills to use since both Burkina Faso and Mali are francophone countries. Au revoir for now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you check down the bottom of the screen, there should be a blue square with FR in it. Click on it, and you should be given the option to change to an English keyboard.